Tuesday, April 24, 2007

No voice today

How appropriate - my punishment in the Inferno is to have so much to say to you but to then cough so much I lose my voice.

Start with the SAT schema. You will have 10 minutes to complete the reading and questions.

After, you will have the rest of class to complete the outlines due tomorrow and begin the draft essay due on Friday. These dates are firm and no late work will be accepted.

The outlines will look something like this (which we discussed before)

I. Thesis Statement (I'd also suggest you develop your opening sentence)
II. Topic Sentence
A. Supporting quote - (canto. lines) example - X.23-24 (I'd suggest you write out the quote)
III. Topic sentence
A. Supporting quote
IV. Topic sentence
A. Supporting quote
V. Conclusion

Again, a good outline will also have more detail such as introductions to the quotes and followup sentences. Also, because of the blog format, the outline is not exactly as we discussed. Use the format with which you are most comfortable -just make sure you have the information necessary to complete the draft.

Your outline is easily expanded into your essay.


No comments: