Monday, April 23, 2007

Welcome back!


Dis and the final ring of the Inferno, Cocytus
We will continue with the Dante Canto PowerPoint presentations. You are responsible for keeping notes since the Unit Test will include information from the student presentations. I will point out the more important sins, sinners, and punishments. I will review the final cantos with you. We finally reach Cocytus this week, the area of the great traitors and Dis.

Now, we have a lot on our plate for the remaining weeks of school. This week you will work on you essays. the outline is due on Thursday, the draft is due for peer review on Friday, and the final draft is due Monday. Please see me if you have questions.

The keys to a strong essay are a strong thesis, strong topic sentences, and supporting you ideas with references and quotes from the text. I will review thesis statements and topic sentences early this week. I know we've done this before, but it is still worth reviewing again.

The Unit test will be on Tuesday. We will review later this week and on Monday.

We start Shakespeare next week - Henry V and her sonnets. I hope you're as excited as I am.

No comments: